We are currently looking for a design manager to join our London team.
This will be a full-time position based in Casson Mann’s studio in Old Street, supporting the delivery of external exhibition projects as well as planning and organising internal workflow for museum and exhibition design pitches and proposals. The role is principally about management, but encompasses some project work, for example interpretative support and includes activity on new business. Across the organization we encourage you to contribute your skills and knowledge to ensure internal processes run smoothly. The ideal candidate will have a passion for and preferably a background in museums, heritage or exhibitions. A knowledge of collections management is an advantage.
About the role
We are looking for a confident, motivated, enthusiastic team-player, who is able to turn their mind to a range of subjects and is adaptable to supporting the team where necessary.
Project Management Duties
The main focus of this position is to work alongside the Directors to manage the internal team delivering a large prestigious project, with complex needs encompassing design and interpretation. More generally, you will assist in the smooth running of internal projects and pitches, organizing design and content team activity as required.
- Along with the Director / Lead Designer, manage the day-to-day communication with the client, sub-contractors and/or others as appropriate, acting as the main conduit of information whenever required.
- Along with the Director / Lead Designer, devise and maintain the project programme, ensuring CM understands all requirements to meet key milestone deadlines – workshops, deliverables, mid-stage points etc.
- Support the Lead Designer in presenting design developments to the client, capturing feedback and documenting agreed decisions/actions.
- Organise and manage client / design management meetings, including preparation of agendas, advance materials and writing and circulating minutes.
- Organise and manage supply and exchange of design and content material between client and design team, including supply of templates, or guidance documents.
- Organise and manage supply and exchange of information on assets and collections, between the design team and external clients.
- Advise on procedures for ensuring accurate information is provided by clients in a timely fashion and stored and shared appropriately.
- Answering written questions or RFIs from other parties on the design along with the Lead Designer.
- Along with the Director / Lead Designer, prepare briefing materials or RFIs for client response
- Report on progress, issues etc to the Director as part of regular meetings.
- Support the Director/ Lead Designer with co-ordination and output of the design and content packages.
- Issuing weekly and monthly reports, as required.
- Flag risks to the Director and be part of the team devising potential mitigation of those risks.
- Ensure accurate filing and version control, both on internal files and on any shared drives / common data environments with sub-contractors, the client etc.
New Business/General Office Duties
- Assist on pitches and tender responses, as required.
- Compile information for PQQs, tenders, interviews as required.
- Represent CM at site visits, presentations etc. as required.
- Assist in identifying possible working partners/sub-contractors on new projects.
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of office systems, document exchange and archiving.
- Assist in the professionalization of existing systems at Casson Mann.
Casson Mann is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we recognise and celebrate the benefits of a diverse and inclusive team.
Interested candidates please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary range: £30,000 - £40,000